View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007, 12:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default okay gang, need your expertise please?

Hi all,

I have severe ulnar neuropathy. My pinkie and ring finger are beginning to claw. I have mentioned this before and got great feed back. Well now I am diagnosed.

Since early December things are progressing way too rapidly. I have lost grip strength, muscle mass on the outside of palm and now I am losing muscle mass in the forearm.

The nerves are dying very quickly.

Question: Should I waste precious time wearing a splint at night to see if it heals or do any of you think that I am just going to lose more use of this arm? It is my decision on what I should do. Mayo would have kept testing and treatment for at least another week but I do have a great ortho here.

I really need to know if any of you have been in this situation. I feel that the nerves are too far gone and that I should ask my ortho surgeon to go over my emg and other tests to determine if surgery would even be beneficial.

I talked to him on the phone yesterday and he is quite concerned that I have irreversible damage, but he needs to see my mayo paperwork.

Can anyone give me a clue to what I should do next. I really would like to salvage as much of this arm as possible (silly me) and I feel that time is not on my side.

Thank you to anyone how knows first hand what I am dealing with or has seen this type of neuropaty and knows what I should do at this stage of the game.

Jude
heyjude5050 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote