Thread: MVD problems
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 06:01 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Dear lily and jackie thank you so much for your replies and sorry for the long delay in giving you an update.
Things have not been going to well in fact I am still in hospital as I type this.
Trying to cut a very long story short for you after normal discharge after the second surgery around 5 days post op other than normal post op pain and the side effects I already said about I didn't feel too bad. I had had a hearing test confirming I had 100%hearing loss on left side from surgery but other than that all other symptoms would improve over time.
Three days after discharge I got the most excruciating pain in my head I couldn't open my eyes lift my head off the pillow we called the hospital and they spoke to the surgeon who did my op and he said bring her straight in.
I've been here since.
When I got in they did a lumbar puncture and the pressure was seriously high so they drained some off and also gave me steroids and some other things.the pain improved for a while.
So again cutting it short I developed left sided weakness with my arm and leg and sensation was affected and they are saying I may have had a small stroke which isn't showing on the MRI scan they have just done a vascular scan. I also have gone and got blood clots in my leg so am on a heparin drip and all I want to do is fly home to my 11year old daughter who desperately wants her mum. We were meant to be in America for 10 days and this is the beginning of our fourth week.

Jackie can I ask where in the uk you are being assessed for mvd and what are they treating I'd it trigeminal neuralgia?
We tried every neurosurgeon possible I think but they would treat trigeminal but not geniculate.
Even frenchay in Bristol said no.

Lily did your surgery cure your problem. Your reply saying your eyes recover gives me hope cos that out of everything has been the most frightening and still is.
4weeks on still no improvement bit still early days. I have 4th and 6th nerve palsy a
But also have something can't remember what it was called off top of
todd74 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote