Thread: new to the site
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 08:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi and welcome! I'm sorry you haven't had a r eply yet. Lord, I wish you weren't having surgery again. You sound just like I was . I too had a second surgery, and I ended up worse than I was in the first place. I also see you have sciatica. Obviously the first surgery didn't correct it, right? Well, I've had sciatica for 24 years, and the first surgery didn't fix it and neither did the second. Mine is permanent and you also have the same scar tissue I have and they can't do anything about it. If they remove it, it will just grow back.

I wish you'd just go into pain management. It's the better option that surgery unless your spinal cord it being impinged. But just cause you have a herniation that's no reason for surgery. I've got 3 herniations, but I'm now inoperable. I'm just worried that you'll end up like me.

Best of luck and I hope things work out for you. God bless and let us know how you do. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote