View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 09:23 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi hurting,
So sorry to hear that you are going through this terrible experience. When my RSD began, I also had such incredible sensitivity that I had pain when someone would just enter the room and disrupt the air. At that time, was so happy that we have electric baseboard heating as anything forced air would likely have sent me screaming to the garage!
I also had a big problem with PT. I developed RSD after left knee surgery and never had a lot of difficulty with the knee rehab itself, but the touching and air motion was so noxious. Add to that, my deductible was $30/session and I was prescribed 3x a week, that just didn't work out for me financially. Thankfully, this board did make me understand that I had to do some desensitization, so I employed my husband to be my inflictor (a job which he hated.) We started slow, with cotton balls and simple light air movement, then gradually worked up to touch of different pressure. There were times that I would scream into my pillow and it made my hisband feel horrid. But, over time, I did notice that I could tolerate more. Of course, there were still bad days where I had to wrap my leg in an ACE wrap because the touch of my pants moving when I walked was too much, but over time there was improvement. It's hard to stay with it because it is a painful process, but my thought is that I had nothing to lose. I was already hypersensitive-I could only improve.
Hope this helps-doing it at home let me set some pace, spread it out through the day, and saved me major cash when the budget was already tight.
llrn7470 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
hurting (08-24-2010), loretta (08-23-2010), rachel's daugther (08-23-2010)