View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 11:28 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

"The whole issue of diagnosis or misdiagnosis - very, very loaded, and ultimately vitally important.

thankyou for including me in your response fiona...you have a nice circle of friends.

Homeopathy has its origins in Germany too and embodies a much different approach to diagnosis than the western medical model. Having studied and used this type of medicine successfully I know that there is no such thing as two people having the same identical disease, not to imply that there are not similar patterns.

Speaking from my own experience after 4 years of an "essential tremor" dx was then switched to pd dx because cogwheel rigidity combined with tremor was "definitive". but i tore up the prescription for s inemet 12 years ago and embarked on seeking many complimentary treatments till just about a little over a year ago. I was able to reverse a lot of stuff-sx changed and was doing well till my husband had a stroke and required intense caregiving by me...i did go without meds a LONG time and waited till I was tanking in the gutter. I kept telling my husbands neuros they should study me because i could show them what pd looked like without the meds.....yeh yeh they said- just didn't have time....

One problem is that people want an easy fix..take a pill. Let someone else deal.

Is this because we feel powerless to help ourselves or because we just can't wrap our brains around the fact that our very existence is a miracle and we embody that Golden Mean program too (thx for posting about that Bob ).

perhaps even technology will teach us to "become as little children"...enchanted..open and breathlessly anticipating great mystery to unfold which may be the paradigm shift that to "cure" this illlness requires...take for example biofeedback......

The Germans have an edge on education too - they definitely respect the right side of the brain more!

In nature chaos precedes reorganization and this process never gets finished! I just know there is a pony hiding under that big pile of manure...

BTW Fiona , if ya don't mind my asking. what were your sx at the time you were dealt the pd dx?

sharilyn

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”
~ Nikola Tesla

Last edited by moondaughter; 08-23-2010 at 01:04 PM.
moondaughter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
paula_w (08-23-2010)