View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 10:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNcrps2 View Post
Hi Dubious,
I had a compressed nerve which caused those symptoms and more. Had surgery and was told it takes 1month to heal 1" of nerve so mine if it worked(I was told that compression release does not always work) would take 7-8months to heal. After surgery i had feelings of bugs crawling under my skin but the burning had backed off. At 6months PT started resistance exercises & my arm began all over again-burn, ache, turn color and temp, sensative to touch and cold and if it is too humid outside. It was then that they realized i also had RSD before surgery-but i would still have done the surgery to try and relieve the nerve. My pain Dr. said unfortunately it is vicious cycle- the nerve damage will continuously irritate the RSD-he was right because now i have full body CRPS.
Sorry to hear of your injury. It sounds to me like your nerve or the RSD is acting up. momof4
Hi momof4,

I tend to agree. It has been 2 1/2 yrs now since the onset of the "beast." The new (old) area "de jour" that is now on fire (again), is a patch on the back of my shoulder and shoulder blade that was originally numb but strangely, intensly painfull post surgery and had dissipated for awhile. Much of it seems to be as a result of posterior cord or axillary nerve damage, primarily, but I do believe other nerve bundles are a mess too. Since trying to spread the SGB's out (got them up to 4-5 months between), suddenly that "area" is now burning up again something fierce. No reason at all for that. Original areas of my arm and hand that early on were just beyond miserable pain-wise, are now hurting, aching and burning all over again too.

Wow....this is just simply the gift that just never stops giving....isn't it?

While they still help....I painfully worry, just how many SGB's can we ultimately have???
Dubious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (08-26-2010), RNcrps2 (08-24-2010)