Thread: MVD problems
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 07:03 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd74 View Post
Hi B thank you for your post it means a lot.
What did you have MVD for and was it successful?
I have had 2 MVD surgeries in the past year. the second in Pittsburg. I believe that the Dr in Pittsburgh are the best and most knowledgeable on TN. I would trust their opinion and as hard as it is wait.
IMy first MVD was only successful for less than 8 weeks. the second MVD found I needed more padding at the outer limits. my TN seems to be better. My experiences with both these surgeries were totally different. my recovery from the first was much easier even though the TN pain came back My second MVD was much harder, had much more pain, had excess air in my head ( no air head jokes please) and the front of my tongue was numb. the numbness did go away over several months and the sever head pain did go away over a period of weeks.
I feel my second surgery was done very well. MVD are big surgeries and really do take time for your body to heal. it is a very scary thing to not know. listen to your body, rest and try to take it a day at a time.
MVD are not without risks and sometimes even the best can't prevent some of these complications. I also had severe pain in the back of my head that was constant after my first MVD. I had a third surgery to look at this and my occipital nerve was shredded. They think that it got caught in the retracttor during first MVd and no it was not done in Pittsburgh. I don't blame anyone for this. it is what it is and was a risk. I now am getting ready to have a 4 surgery in 2 weeks to have a stimulator unit placed to help with this pain.
Do not give up hope, I truly believe their are always options and I do trust the dr in Pittburgh. you are in good hands
easygoing
easygoing is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote