Thread: New and Nervous
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 07:18 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Your story is familiar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemom View Post
Thank you for your compassion, Todd. I have been reading a lot. Are the stories on this site the worst of the worst, or are they typical? Do they reflect what is in store for me???
Wow. Do you have RA?

I actually have RA and felt my first facial pain about 2 years ago. had 4 root canals in 3 teeth before being diagnosed with TN. I went thru the anti seizure meds and they eventually quit working and pain continued to escalate. I eventually had 2 MVD surgeries to correct the TN. they did find a compression.

just wanted to say, don't panic. many people are treated with TN by either drugs or surgery. there are many horrible stories also, but I have learned that you must stay positive and take each day or hour at a time. will be glad to answer any questions you may have and give you more details of my story. just let me know.
also there is a facial pain association TNA site that has a lot of info and can also help you find a Dr that specializes in facial pain. that is on of the keys. you must find so done who deals with this a lot, not just occasionally. that can be hard. I have had to travel for appointments and surgeries. also, I have also found that you need to get at least a second opinion or third. do not go with just one evaluation. it can be hard to diagnose properly.
good luck and let me know if I can help.
Easygoing
easygoing is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote