View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 08:03 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieF View Post
I went to the hospital last year because my neuro wouldnt work with me. They gave me shot of medrol in my arm and sent me on my way after 4 hrs so I wont suggest that. I did learn however if I ever need to go there again im calling ambulance to avoid the waiting room and get promt attention.
As an ex paramedic I can tell you that arriving in an ambulance does NOT garuntee you a spot in the back right away. i have seen many evaluated, and then plopped in a wheel chair, and wheeled to the waiting area. Most screaming "but I came by amubulance!" while the nurse cried "that doesnt mean you are going first." I thought the triage nurse was a nasty peice of work at that ER, but she got the job done. then you are stuck with no ride home. PLEASE call an ambulance if you need one, but dont be surprised if nurse nasty pulls you off the stretcher and sends you to the waiting area with the unwashed masses. A couple of simple words will get you to the head of the line. "Chest pain" or if you are vomiting all over the waiting area, making the rest of the crowd uncomfortable. They will beg her to take you next.

I hope you feel better Erin. This stinks!

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Desinie (08-24-2010), dmplaura (08-25-2010)