Thread: please help
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 08:10 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justired View Post
Thank you both. I do have a great therapist and two psychiatrists. One for meds and one for ECT. I'm just so tired of the medicine merry-go-round and ECT. I know they both help but I just don't want to do it anymore. Don't I sound like a toddler stamping my foot? That's how I feel. So tired of it all.
Hey Debbie,

I am so happy to hear that you've already taken those first steps to get help from professionals, that is often the hardest part of it all! Please don't give up but maybe schedule an appt with one of them to tell them you are feeling overwhlemed with all the treatments and maybe they can help reduce it in some way. Maybe if you even mention you've been considering stopping it, then they'll take you seriously and come up with alternatives. For example, I once had a medical procedure done and they gave me a medicine that didn't work well with me and gave me awful side effects. I kept trying to take it until I finally asked, and the lady pulled out a whole drawer filled with alternatives! Had I never asked, I would've never known. But I know yours is completely different in a way, but I hope you can figure it out so that you don't feel this way anymore! Please know we all care here!
wishnomore is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Addy (08-24-2010), Alffe (08-29-2010), barbo (08-24-2010), DMACK (08-24-2010), tamiloo (08-26-2010), waves (08-24-2010), Wren (08-24-2010)