Thread: Update on me
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 01:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Wink I am now my own advocate!

Rrae and Mark56 and pooh_ac and kzlrogue! Thank you so much for your caring thoughts and replies! I really appreciate the prayers as well. So, I called the pain doctor to get my appointment and I found out that I cannot have an appt until my stim doctor (the current pain dr) has sent a referral over! And of course no one had done that even though it was supposed to happen a couple months ago so I was quite upset but I did do something productive. I called her office myself and told them that I needed this referral ASAP because I am so bad and cannot walk and school has started but I am in so much I cannot sit still at the computer! She said that she would fax it over today or first thing tomorrow! So, I have learned that I cannot rely on doctors and offices to send over my paperwork I have to check in very often (even if I feel like a bother) in order to make sure my health gets taken care of! This is very important and it also makes me feel more in control even though everything going wrong in my body makes me feel so out of control! I am also going to finally see that female doctor in a few days and get that situation taken care of too. I am tired of feeling helpless and at the mercy of everyone in charge of my healthcare and treatment! At least I am a step closer to getting the new pain doc appt! I will let you all know what happens when I get anymore news! Take care and have a good week! Tara
tchr012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (08-24-2010), Rrae (08-24-2010), smae (08-24-2010)