View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 04:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hiya Rosebud - I hope they figure it out so you can get back on!!

Yes, Judith, thank you for your experience and thoughts. Much is mysterious still - especially for me with the suffering of children who are ill and the aged.... But in general I think the meaning of the disease to the patient is very important to work with. But then that's when this intergenerational perspective becomes very important, because of the things that shape us that are bigger than us and beyond our conscious ability to interact with them - our great-grandparents' lives, etc.

For me with this new diagnosis thing - well, part of me knows that I kept looking until I got the exact answer I wanted - or was convinced was true - same difference? - from a medical authority absolutely sure enough of that view himself to convince me. And while I have worked with many fabulous healers, all of whom have helped, it took hearing it from a certain kind of healer - for me, a "real" allopathic doctor, demanding scans and such, and even more it helped that he was European, because it meant I had to go back to the area of the world where my mother's and grandmother's traumas occurred, to treat with someone who really understands me at a deep level because his mother went through similar things as my mother did in the same part of the world... That's what it took to get me someone who told me what I wanted to hear in a way I could believe it and finally put doubt aside.

That's why in many ways the details of the diagnosis don't really matter at this point to me - all that matters is how I feel about it, and what I believe is possible for me.

People have very different paths obviously, and many of us have to seek for a long time and confront deep things about ourselves in order to find what we are looking for, either in healing or in accepting a disease or in passing through this world....I'm not saying everyone's situation is their own fault. I think we all are doing the best we can to understand what is going on for ourselves and for others.
Fiona is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote