View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 06:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up help

[QUOTE=jlkbbk2003;681366]I had 2 unconscious + concussive episodes in 2008. One I fell out of a tree putting the kids swing up - lost consciousness for less then 20 seconds - they withnessed it, and then 3 months later I was in a violent roll over accident on rainy roads. I lost consciousness for seconds according to my teenage son who was also there, but other than a deep cut to the top of my head and neck pain I thought I was fine. I started having increased headaches, insomnia that was way more than an inconvenience as I would lay awake for days, literally without so much as a yawn. I also had about that time developed a critical high blood -usually 160/110-120(I have never smoked, done drugs, nor do i drink). I had at least 3 concussions within 5 years. One an angry samoan fella about 10 times my size got angry and slammed my head to the basketball floor, knocking me unconscious for over a minute. I refused the hospital being a stubborn man. Another in basketball and one in softball (what can I say, I go all out?). Then the 2 in 2008.

I fainted once in the bathroom about 1 month after the 2008 auto accident, but never again that I know of. Maybe had a seizure. My wife heard me fall, I was against the door, and she couldn't wake me or move the door, small town medics put me IN BED and left me at home. I woke up about 6 hours later with no recollection of anything. Seizure? Don't know. No history of anything.

I am a PA-C and from a medical point of view, my wife describes some kind of post-ictal like phase after the fainting.

More importantly my personality dramtically changed and I can almost pinpoint it. Very impulsive, very poor decision making, quick to anger (but never violent) and argumentive, and incredible fatigue at times. This has lasted a until now, when in March I was diagnosed also with hyperthyroidism. I have some residual heart issues as they think it went on too long. I still have incredible, incredible insomnia. I also have the most wicked incredible sense of smell since the accident (I even called Dr Billy Goldberg on XM talk radio once at is was driving me - and my family crazy).

My family teases me as I can smell a dirty towel even before the front door is open and know there is one SOMEWHERE in the house. This makes me really crazy as I think it adds to my insomnia as I smell everything even in my sleep. The hyperthyroid - which is typically worse sooner than a low thyroid, cause has not been found. Pituitary and thyroid was okay. Vision had also changed overnight, couldn't even read my credit cards suddenly. but has improved with some thyroid treatment. What about damage to the hypothalamus?

I am a bit perplexed. I also have a low cortisol, a low potassium, and a low testosterone for 2 years now. The testosterone never improves, the others sometimes.

I need to follow up on this but I do not know who would see me, who would help. Any idea, anyone? I am in AZ[/QUOTE
I am kind of in the same spot you are in.I was in a auto accident in June of 09..I felt very reclusive and depreesed the first 3 months. Then went through this apathetic phase where I just didn't give a damn about anything or really anybody .I would typically want to spend my free time alone and in my bedroom.....My problem now is my impulsive talkative behavior..My wife and kids dont know what to make of all my new bizzare talking.It seems I have no filter stopping me from saying inappropriate things.I tend to talk before I think, or really think, about what I'm about to say. Like I dont realize the reprecussions of what I am about to say..Then after it gets said I usually get someone upset and the next thing you know is we are arguing. On top of that I have this new found ability to get quickly angry and irational
which makes for a perfect prescription for an arguing machine.. I just hope I get through this phase sooner than later..

I'll say a prayer for all of us, and our families...

As for the low testosterone

I'm currently giving myself injesctions and can say feel alot more energy and my mood has improved tremendously..Se your doc for info on this
1085 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote