View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 07:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlek View Post
'Beauty IS as beauty DOES'! IF, unless, you are in a 'coctail dress' situation? Wear comfy whatever works for YOU!. Tell folks you have a rare foot condition, and just leave it at that. Sort of like someone wearing a 'soft-cast' at any event. Only? Yours is going to be longer term.
In all honesty? Many are going to be sort of 'envious' that you can wear comfy footwear when they can't!
When I wear sandals, that don't put pressure on my fussy toes? I try and wear socks that are also comfy, and blend in with the footwear. Less noticable that.
As for finding perfect footwear? It's a BIG hit or miss for many of us! When you try them on in a store? That doesn't really tell you IF you can LIVE WITH THEM! I've donated lot's of lost leaders to the charities over the last few years.
Good luck and keep searching! !'s - j
Very very true. Thanks for that much needed reminder!

I do have to find a solution for winter, because, as I said, -25 degree weather will not work with holes in my shoes, even with socks on. But at this point, I can't even get a regular shoe on--and there are no stores around here that have extra extra wide shoes--so I have no idea what I will do. Guess I'll have to keep searching.

♥ "Hope is more than a word; it's a state of being. It's a firm belief God will come through. Life brings rain... hope turns every drop into the power to bloom like never before." -Holley Gerth ♥

My name is Sarah and I am 25 years old. I have a lot of chronic health problems. Peripheral neuropathy and POTS (postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) keep me bedridden the majority of the time. I also struggle with degenerative disc disease, disc desiccation, spondylolisthesis, arthritis, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) with insulin resistance, allergies, sound sensitivities, and other health problems.
smae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote