View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 08:08 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I do have an appointment on September 1st, so at least I have that to look forward to.

That neuro's office is usually pretty busy, not sure why, I guess Omaha has a lot of people who are neurologically compromised in some way or something. I get the feeling that the message got lost or something, because he usually calls me within a few hours of me leaving him a message.

I dont think that what's going on will respond to any steroids, I had them in May and they only worked for a few weeks and then crap started happening again, and I think whatever has been going on lately is being caused by the same flare that started back in April,so I'm probably not even going to bother with the 'roids this time. Might ask him about them tho, just to see what he says about them. (already guessing that he'll say I've had too much over the past year and that he's not comfortable giving me any for awhile)

With the remodels we're doing in the house. I'm excited about mine, because they're going to lower the step into that shower. I still have to step up, but it wont be as high as it was.

My parents shower is a big deal. I was never happy or very impressed with the remodel that had been done 5 years ago. I thought it was a crappy job then, and the guys didnt show much skill in building the shower, but my parents were desperate to get a shower for my mom that she could use. At the time she was having knee surgeries (she had them both replaced) and the old shower was just like the fiberglass one I have now. She couldnt climb into it, and the stupid built in seat didnt give her a lot of room and she'd slide off of it no matter what we did to make it not slippery.

Her old shower is still in the space...we'd had it disabled and the water shut off to it and the drain plugged. They keep dirty laundry in it now. The contractors will be tearing it out and building some cabinetry in it's place for my parents to use as storage, and they'll still be able to use the area for dirty laundry. Their bathroom is getting totally remodeled. Only thing they're not changing is the toilet and the sink. The floor in their bathroom is 3 kinds of flooring. Carpeting in front of the sink (ewww) that was put there when the house was built. The crappy shower that we're tearing out and re-doing has an ugly tile floor, and the area where the toilet is has vinyl floor. It's all going to be replaced with 12x12 tile...same tile for the shower.

I picked out the tile for my bathroom and when my dad found out his bathroom was not to code, he decided to just go with the tile I picked for mine so that the bathrooms will match.

I just wish things were happening faster on the remodeling. I really want my new shower! I'm just making sure they have permits and that everything gets inspected and is to code. Hopefully the 3rd bathroom (remodeled with a walk-in bathtub a couple of years ago) will pass the inspection too, because we really dont want to have to do a third bathroom (again)

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (08-25-2010), Desinie (08-27-2010)