View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 09:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Response variations to IVIg?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crstr View Post
I have MMN which has given me weakness in my hands, left leg and both feet. I tire easily and it can take a number of days to recover if I do too much. I am wondering if anyone out there has an exercise routine of some sort that works for them. Multifocal Motor Neuropathy is rare enough that most drs, physical therapists, (and everyone else) haven't heard of it or know much about it!! Just hoping that I can get some input : ) I do have IVIG treatments every other week which seem to help the cramping...not sure about the weakness. I would truly appreciate any input...even just connecting with others.
I can't help with the exercise question, but I would like to know how quickly you saw improvement with the IVIG. I've been getting it for about 5 months now, and it immediately helped with fasciculations and cramping everywhere except my left arm and hand (where I've lost extension in 3 fingers, one of them since the IVIG started.) My doc, who has not had an MMN patient before, seems puzzled by the inconclusiveness of my response. I feel that it IS helping, but I'd really like to find out if other people have had an effect on these lesser symptoms first, and then had improvement in the more severely affected limb/s after several months.
twitchyfirefly is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote