View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 12:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Help RSD Above-Knee Amputation Questions! TREATMENT HELP PLEASE!

Okay, so ive had my RSD for about two years now, i have it in the side if my right knee and sometimes in my shin. i got it from sports and an accident, im actally not sure what exactly caused it. Anyway, i desire more than anything to be able to walk normally again, ATLEAST. Fortunately enough, my Rsd hasnt spread to anywhere else in my body.
ive done most everything to try and fix it. ive had several lumbar Nerve blocks, ive tried physical therapy, ive tried a tenz unit (still use it on those occasional days with random nerve spasms) Several Seizure Medications, waiting (maybe not long enough). Anyway, ive tried everything short of a Ketamin infusion and Amputation. I was just wondering if anyone here had either heard stories of Amputations or had actually had one done? Or if people had any advice as far as treatment goes?
As a side note, i am slightly concerned about cost but only because im a minor and im unsure what my parents insurance will cover. Id like to know what im dealing with first hand before i go to them for fear that theyll reject it. While i may be concerned with price of amputation and prosthetics, the price of walking and atleast being able to function semi-normally is priceless to me... Thank you for any help you provide
emptydepth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote