View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 09:19 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Credit Card for Special Needs Young Adult

I apologize if this is not the right forum location for this question.

I have been here before, but not recently. Many of you have helped me tremendously...it is greatly appreciated.

WE have a family member (young adult) who suffers with a mood disorder and a neurological problem. There have been many years of significant turmoil.

She takes her meds fairly regularly, has a good heart and seems to try her best, but there are MANY problems. One is that she struggles with money matters.

When we (her family) travel, we have considered leaving her with a credit card that we could add money to (via computer) only in case of extreme emergency. For example, a medical problem...should she need medicine or related supplies, for example.

However, we do not wish her to be able to overdraft on this card, or for this card to be tied to our bank account or for her use this card to get credit . We have our reasons as to why, etc.

Does anyone know of a card...maybe a teen card, etc. that has a very good reputation that provides these types of services? Something simple and very VERY safe, especially in terms of PREVENTING ABUSES of any kind. This is vital.

If possible, please give me specific names...perhaps in a private message.

Thank you.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote