Thread: MVD problems
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 02:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd74 View Post
Hi Cheryl I had dr horowittz at the Upmc. Was your surgery for TN and what problems did you have? I am so desperately trying to get back home and at moment but just keep encountering one problem after another. Admittedly mine is rather a rare outcome after MVD but it does show that what seemed a relatively straightforward operation can have bad outcomes.
I did look into dr janetta too but chose dr horowittz. I am still hopeful that things will be ok when all this settles down. Forever the optimist lol.
Hi Clair, Sorry for taking so long to get back to you, I hope you are feeling better. Yes the surgery was for TN, the surgery didn't work for me, I knew within days because I had pain right away. I can't always hear out of my left ear and have severe pain in it on and off. Also, around the outside of my ear feels like someone is pinching it I used to talk alot and smile alot not so much anymore I get aching pains around the jaw area hurts when I chew. My gums on the upper left side swell and I can't chew or the teeth hurt like a tooth ache. Burning cheek or feels sore like someone slashed my check with a knife. It sounds funny but my nose hurts inside and out sometimes makes me crazy (someone may ask you, whats wrong, oh my nose hurts! It sounds crazy.) Around my eye area, forehead and the side of my head at times. I may be forgetting something I'm not sure! I miss my old life, I haven't work in 2 years, I tried after the surgery but, it didn't work out. I worked as a dental asst. for about 23 or so years. On weekend and holidays I worked in one of the most beautiful flower shops in Pittsburgh! I am working on my own flowers in my garden when I feel up to it. Didn't have alot of time before. I know your feeling better now, after hearing about my mess! I take effexor rx, tegretol, and vicodin. I've learned over the years to enjoy my times when I feel half decent, and when I get up in the mornings I think what is the most important thing I have to do today. I work on that and go on to the next one. It takes me a while to get things done because I take time to rest my head sometimes longer than others. I'm here if you want to talk or know anything about Pittsburgh! Are you watching the Steelers on Sat. night? Take care. Cheryl
cc smiley is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote