View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 04:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreambeliever128 View Post
I wouldn't think that there would be a Dr. that would go along with amputation nowadays. It's not the answer. I have two friends that lost their right arm around the same time and they both deal with phantom pain. Troy says it's just as if he still has that right arm. He has RSD from losing it and he said at times he even reached over to move his arm even though it isn't there.

I would try the lidocaine infusions or the ketamine. Also if you can find the right meds to help with the pain. You never said wheather you were on narcotics, depression meds, muscle relaxers, etc.

I have Methadone for pain along with Lidocaine patches. Others are on other meds such as Moraphine, Oxycontin, etc.

Others will come on here and tell you some of what they take for the pain. You might get an ideal of what to ask your Dr. for.

I have had PT, triggerpoint injections, years of PT, tried every pain med, and what I find is nothing gets rid of all of the pain. It's like a fire that has to burn itself down, that won't go out.

Desperation makes us do things we regret later. I ask my Dr. many times to cut my right arm off. We finally got it under some control.

If you stay on here you will hear a lot of ideals that you can take to your Dr. and see if he will try some of them. It's a trial and error with RSD.

Good luck,
Ada
Same thing with me, the pain medication never took the pain away, it just chipped the edge. So the only time i use it is when i have like a concert or something. i tried the muscle relaxers and they didnt seem to do all that much... but ill deffinetly check the site regularly and see if any good suggestions come up... Thanks!!
emptydepth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote