View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 07:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Update on - Will I teach again?

Not this fall.

I have had a restful summer however my headaches are still daily, word retrieval under stress is still an issue, long periods of concentration difficult and my inability to read negative input without taking it personally has been very hard.

Yesterday, I interviewed candidates for my my position, a 2 hour process and after the first hour, I was exhausted and by the end of the 2nd hour, I was stuttering and needed assistance to walk to my classroom, melting tearfully into my colleague's arms.

This decision not to go back to work was easy under the circumstances however my heart aches heavily. My husband has been sooo supportive, driving me everywhere for doctor appointments.

Recently, I had a neuro-psche test (8:30am - 2:00pm) at Dartmouth Hitchcock, which was extremely taxing. Slept all the way home (1 1/2 hrs) arriving home at 3:30pm - went straight to bed and slept till 9am the next day. I am waiting for the results.

I am scheduled to see a cognitive behavioral therapist in November.

My husband, a teacher also, starts school tomorrow and now I will be home alone and unable to drive. We live rurally, no sidewalks, actually no downtown even to walk too.

I am concerned about my well being and having some sort of routine. This truly is the first time I will be alone. Most people would love this but I am not my normal self. This has stopped me in my tracts and I must say I was on many tracts, mom, wife and a teaching job that started at 7:30am - 4:30pm with an hour commute.

So forum, I hope to make some new friends to walk this journey in my home in NH with this amazing technology that reaches YOU.

Thank you to those who previously responded to my first post. I was unable to spend time on the computer during most of the summer because of the intensity of light. This has gotten better over time, if I keep the time limited and right about now my headache is telling me to stop. And I have learned to listen.

Peace,
Grady Lady
Grady Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote