View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 07:25 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quitting my DMD was one of the hardest decisions I had to make in a very long time. It wasnt life or death, but a question of quality of life. The interferons kept my liver/pancreas unhappy and my blood work set clinic records. The copaxone took a long time to take hold, but once it did, I started the mounting tally of side effects from it. As each week passed me by, I became overwhelmed with the increasing efforts to just try to find my balance in a new normal. I eventually reached a point where I said to myself that I would rather be dragging a leg, or yes, god forbid sit in a scooter and have my wits about me, my sense and sensibility about me than have that 30% chance of preventing the next relapse. it was a full year of research, debate, MD asking, relative/friend asking, and evaluating before I reached the point of ENOUGH!

I am NOT saying you should drop your DMD, but maybe you can take a look at all of the meds you are on, and get one of your more responsible MDs to help you get a better routine going, so that your bones, thyroid, and inflammation are not soaring. I cringe to say it, but can you add something to control the inflammation, say a zyflammed style product? or natural food that help with inflammation, like onions, and garlic and yogurts with active cultures, and remove things that add to the load like high fructose corn syrups, and sodium, and highly processed foods. I know you have a young family and a hugely busy schedule, so sometimes its so much easier to grab whats quick.

I want so badly to travel to where you are and just hug you! I can feel your exhaustion thru the screen.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Desinie (08-30-2010), dmplaura (09-01-2010), Kitty (08-26-2010), legzzalot (08-26-2010), SallyC (08-26-2010)