View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 02:21 PM
anon21816

anon21816

Default Tell me bout it!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionab View Post
Hi all. Well, here I sit with two remotes. At first I thought I had found the right settings for my lumbar and cervical stimulators, but yesterday proved me wrong. So I started wondering how others decide when they've found their right setting. Do you increase the intensity until you REALLY feel the stimulation? Do you increase the intensity until you barely feel it? Or do you increase the intensity until you feel it and then back off a bit until you don't feel it?

Do you think I'm expecting too much as far as pain relief with it only being a week since surgery? I'm wondering if having the intensities on the remotes set too high may actually cause me to hurt more. How, oh how, does one find that right setting
I know EXACTLY how you feel Fiona Im a bit 'lost' at the moment. Earlier today I thought I had a good setting. Got up and hey........gone!!! nothing while I walk unless I bent over nearly in two. I have all the settings at their highest until I get to bed. Once there I notice once I lie down that the setting are WAY too high and would have to adjust them. In the first week, I didnt turn it up full because I was 'afraid' Id do damage. but now I do...although as I type I have breakthrough pain which is not being relieved, Im guessing thats because the setting, although at high, isnt high enough and definitely needs to be adjusted. Ive written down my programmes but now when I go back and think, ah this is the one, it isnt. !!! so my words of wisdom yesterday may not have been such a good idea

Im sure that over the next few weeks you will become used to the settings, especially when the wounds have totally healed. Or at least thats what I'm hoping for. Otherwise Im stumped
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (08-26-2010), Rrae (08-26-2010)