View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 05:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I talked with my rep. today about another matter (had problems charging my implants), and brought up the whole thing about finding the right setting. He said to not worry about it right now as they have to wait till a person's pretty well past the point of healing from the surgery (internally as well as the obvious external incisions)before they can go after really tweaking it. He said some are lucky and get a good program from the beginning but it's usually a matter of trial and error for the first several months. He said that's what the pain meds. are for now.

He said that the setting they would give me today that could be great, is probably not going to be the setting I'll need once some more healing has happened. So, for the first month or so sounds like it's a step by step process while things are healing from the surgery. He said my dr. won't let him change my programs very much in the beginning as he's more interested in the leads scarring in nicely and THEN they focus on fine tuning the programs.

Makes sense but seems a long way off . Can I have some of your patience because mine was pretty thin today as I wrestled with trying to charge my implants for the first time.
fionab is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (08-26-2010), Rrae (08-26-2010)