View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 06:55 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Lightbulb Patience for Patients with Charging and Settings

There is no hard science of which I am aware regarding the notion of charging or settings especially given Fiona, Jackie, and I have Boston Sci, yes?

Charging- I learned charging is a matter of developing taste, time, opportunity, and comfort. I, for instance, find charging better accomplished for me as I lie down. This way I tend not to dislodge the charging unit [Oh, how I love that little "homing beep" sound that lets me know I am zeroing in on the battery] as it does its charging work.

The gummy sticky pasty adhesive things which may be used to afix the charger directly to the skin did not fare well with me for a regular use. They are a limited supply. They adhere and have to be peeled away, then cleaned from the charger unit. They just did not fit my regular need. I find if I wear a tight pair of cutoff short pants type garment over my underwear, then slide the charger "home" as it beeps to connection, I get a fairly snug set, while also avoiding burning skin, a risk for the direct to skin application and any length of charging. This way, easily charged, for fairly brief periods of time, on a fairly consistent basis, and no muss no fuss.

The Settings issue is probably best thought of from the perspective of one who uses some form of heating and cooling for their home or business. Settings will vary throughout the day as the heat or cool load will impact the equipment. Contemplate your body as the equipment being served by the stim device. Be willing to keep your remote or remotes handy to very settings or program as your body dictates. NO ONE SETTING OR PROGRAM WILL EVER ALWAYS SUFFICE. There, I said it. If your body warms you change clothing do you not? If the temperature cools, perhaps you add clothing. Adopt a similar perspective to your device CONTROLLING and use your remote often to adopt your best body need response and you will develop a symbiosis with the device.

Take time. Be a patient PATIENT. Use your remote in small steps as you migrate to settings which tend to feel good to you. As for me, I may want more intensity because I am feeling a nerve pain flare, or I may just as willingly "dial it down" to just barely feeling it because such a setting or program best suits the needs then to my need and like. Avoid frustration through demand for instant gratification. It will not work that way. You have to stroke its mane, nuzzle it a little, whisper its name, let it get to know you and you it. Take charge by being in charge with discretion and you will get to know you remote and your device much more completely.

z
Mark56
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Rrae (08-26-2010)