View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 07:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionab View Post
Hi all. Well, here I sit with two remotes. At first I thought I had found the right settings for my lumbar and cervical stimulators, but yesterday proved me wrong. So I started wondering how others decide when they've found their right setting. Do you increase the intensity until you REALLY feel the stimulation? Do you increase the intensity until you barely feel it? Or do you increase the intensity until you feel it and then back off a bit until you don't feel it?

Do you think I'm expecting too much as far as pain relief with it only being a week since surgery? I'm wondering if having the intensities on the remotes set too high may actually cause me to hurt more. How, oh how, does one find that right setting
What i have had the best luck with on my units over the years is to change only 1 thing at a time, ie intensity, amperage ect. However I use A LOT of juice as evidened by being on my 3rd unit. I also keep a log of settings as i have several programs. Also i need diffferent settings depending on my activity. I have been able at times to shut my unit off for 1-2 days at times and still get the sensation that it is still on. HOWEVER, if i leave it off too long i can pay somewhere far south of here playing catch up as when the pain hits it tends to go from zero to out of control.
hope this helps
z
pooh_ac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Mark56 (08-26-2010), Rrae (08-26-2010)