View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 10:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Spinal Cord Stimulator Problem

I just found these boards and hope that someone may be able to help me with a question.

I had a spinal cord stimulator implanted in 2009. I had to have it revised 2 months ago because the leads had migrated. Last week I was in a car accident and my stimulator stopped working. I saw my rep from Boston Scientific today and they did some tests on me. The stimulator finally came on at a VERY high level but is still not working on lower levels. There is no in between, it is either completely off or on at a VERY high level that is almost unbearable.

The rep believes that there may be swelling around my spine that is causing me to be ultra-sensitive to the stimulation but this doesnt explain to me why I'm not feeling it at all until that high level. I'm very upset about this because I love the relief that the stimulator gives me. They gave me anti-inflammatories annd want me to wait until the supposed swelling subsides. I dont believe that this is the problem and want to know if anyone else has had a similar situation. I want to ge this fixed as soon as possible, even if it involves another revision.
Sharklady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote