View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 08:02 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
stephen,
i might have asked you before but have you seen other mds's or tried other drugs?
there's the extended release requip and mirapex, azilect, selegiline, mucuana.

you live on the other side of the country but seattle has the booth gardner parkinson's center whose neuros have a great reputation.

Ive tried mirapex, an it does do anything to improve my symptoms..requip makes me sick, I cant afford azelict, and my neuro doesnt think selegiline will help me

I have experimented with mucuna..it works, but wears off like a sudden stop..It actually works better than anything Ive tried so far, but when I tried it, I did it out of desperation during a rocky med change, and I really didnt give it a fair chance to see what it can do

There is a MDS who is supposed to be the best in the state, but patients are leaving him because of his bedside manner, and the fact that he doesnt spend much time with his patients..The guy Im seeing spends time with me and communicates well with me..Alot of people in my support group see this MDS and most of them are not happy with him, and I dont see results any better than mine