Thread: Questions
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 10:21 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

1- For any of you, has this ever happened? Has your brain ever felt like it is being squeezed to the point of hurting? Not like a headache/migraine. But like it is shrinking. Or- like a sponge that is getting the water squished out of it?

Yes! hard to describe, but you did well.

2- Sometimes I can't taste the food I'm eating.

Loss of taste is common on many medicines, and with many conditions. I still enjoy my taste buds.

3- My sense of smell is sometimes not working or completely gone.

As with #2 sense of smell can come and go with many meds, and conditions. Do you use a nasal allergy spray? They can strip out the sense of smell too. This can greatly affect your appetite as we smell our way into an food. Our brain smells food, and it sets off a chain reaction.

4- Appetite gone. Food makes me want to throw up.

Sense of smell/taste being gone, i am not surprised. Stick to simple easy to digest foods. Eat simple easy meals 6 times a day instead of 3. Be a nibbler.

5- Heat makes the vertigo/fatigue severely worse. Just want to run into the airconditioned home. Heat is awful.

Heat intolerance is very common in MS and other neuro conditions. MS isnt the only one, but its one of the most definitive ones for heat intolerance. They used to stick folks in a hot bath tub to see how they reacted as a way to diagnose in days gone by.

6- Morning is the best time of day. I thrive for any time before 10:00. After that time of day I'm just useless. Is that just me?

Well rested and ready to go in the AM is me. by 2pm I am dragging and need rest.

7- I lost 4 pounds this week without dieting.

You spoke earlier of food making you feel sick. Loss of taste and smell can cause this too. If you need to lose weight, be careful to not over due it. If you need to gain weight, then stick higher calorie treats in thru the day. Not a license to snack all day on junk food, just go for the fattier stuff like cheese, or juices which have tons of calories.

8- Dazed/Fog Headed. Made toast yeasterday. Somehow I put the toast in toaster. Stood by toaster forgot what I was doing- dazed into the room- like I was in sort of a trance- realized it was 20 minutes later! Then realized- the toaster wasn't plugged in!!

Common occurance in my house is for the husband to come finish what I start. I stand there lost in a daze, as he finishes the laundry or the breakfast.

9- Problems swallowing. Stuttering. Slurred speach. Problems finding words to use when talking. Problems thinking. Problems doing simple math. Very embarrassing.

Very common occurance on many of the meds we take, as well as many of the neuro diseases out there. I found once I removed some of my meds, my ability to find words came back. Still cant walk and chew gum at the same time, but speech is better.

10-Simply embarrassed to walk. Vertigo so bad at times afraid to drive.

PLEASE DONT DRIVE if you are impaired. its not worth the risk of killing someone else, or yourself. Schedule your stuff in the AM when you said you are fresh and capable, and avoid the afternoon appointments as you said you are wiped out. Please be careful!

I do hope you are able to find the answers you seek.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Desinie (08-28-2010), Kitty (08-29-2010), Lady (09-02-2010), SallyC (08-27-2010)