View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 10:45 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Updates:

Well, the mood has improved a little. Seems I just needed to hit the release valve and let it all out.

Endo: Results of ultrasound; blah blah blah lots of technical terms, long story short, yes my thyroid is overactive, yes it is swollen again indicating graves disease, and the doc should have my bloodwork back today pretty sure it will say the same as the last two tests. Follow up with Endo wed afternoon to figure out what to do about it. I have decided I am not having my thyroid removed, I would be willing to do a low dose radioactive iodine thing to try to slow it down but I am not willing to kill it and have to rely on meds for the rest of my life.

PCP: Not too happy about me pointing out his flaws in the thyroid category, he scratched his head for over a month and i spent 5 minutes on google and figured out steroids and immune supopression drugs are the biggest triggers for Graves Disease in people with MS. I also refuse any more psychotic meds as the thyroid is the likely culprit for the increased anxiety. Antibiotics to treat the sinus infection and the UTI, hopefully will be back to somewhat normal in a few days.

Neuro: Also not too happy with me, but tough $$$$. Although the Tysabri seems to be helping to slow the progression of MS it seems it may be hindering the healing of my back and causing thyroid issues. This of course is inconclusive. So I called and cancelled my infusion scheduled for today and have resfused to reschedule until after I see the endo and ortho and they can tell me for sure if Ty is the culprit or not. Neuro says it is a bad idea to come off of Ty. However, I have decided until all of my doctors weigh in and all of them come up with ONE plan of action about fixing things I am not willing to start any new meds and I am not willing to put myself into any more jeopardy. It is my body afterall and I am the only one who gets to feel the pain and deal with the stress.

So that is pretty much where we stand. No one is happy, and I am being a pain in the you know what. And I will hound, and I will nag and I will pester until they figure out what to do to make me happy. DD and I have decided to make one last trip to the beach this weekend because we both need it and because I know I will be out of commission for a while and this is probably our last chance to go before it gets too cold.

I am not spoiled!
legzzalot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (08-27-2010), Desinie (08-30-2010), dmplaura (09-01-2010)