View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007, 07:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Ann,

I haven't seen Dr. Avery yet for a follow-up, my Primary, by chance, is pretty well-versed in TOS. I had PremiereScan fax the report directly to me and I'm interpreting it as best I can on my own before I go talk to the Docs.

This is a VERY detailed mapping of the brachial plexus, specific to diagnosing the "Real" cause for TOS symptoms. Its a good 3 full pages, with 10 listed impressions.
My wife is an RN, so she's able to help with all the anatomical terms. Still, I bought a "Color Atlas of Human Anatomy" for $20 at Barnes & Noble.

To answer your question, on the right it narrows to a minimum of 11mm and on the left to a minimum of 14. I have no idea what normal is?

Dr. W's impressions include numerous anomolies in both scalene triangles, many appear to be genetic and others have occurred over time.

He says no incidence of Cervical ribs, just mild to moderately enlargements of both C7 transverse processes. I'm now convinced different DRs have different definitions of cervical ribs, because I've had them pointed out to me on an x-ray more than once and had one vascular surgeon ready to cut 'em out after a 20 second review of my x-ray.

Most disturbing is an anomalous aortic arch, with several anomolies including a left dorsal scapular artery piercing the middle scalene muscle. Haven't studied enough to know what that means, it looks normal on the anatomy charts. An additional right transverse cervical artery coursing anterior to the anterior scalene. More stuff too...

Moderate right and mild left extrinsic compression of subclavian veins on hyperabduction.

I think I'm going to send it to Dr. Sanders in Denver,...hoping to evaluate for the "pectoralis minor tenotomy" as a stopgap measure before getting scalenectomies, etc. If I can hold out for another year or so my disability insurance gets much better.

As always, just taking it day-by-day at the moment and trying to stay upbeat and not let the pain, etc. get to me. The chest pain worries me more than anything, its a recent development, comes along with flares, and scares me to no end. I've had full heart workups recently, and EKGs while it was happening and I could barely speak, and everything looked normal.

But us TOSers know about Drs telling us everthing looks normal

Marabunta
No. California.

Last edited by Jomar; 02-12-2007 at 05:06 PM. Reason: name/link removed
marabunta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote