View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 12:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Availability of eyeblink software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomWeber2007 View Post
My eye blink software was originally not intended for public use so early. One doctor accessed me and asked me if I could help a completely lamed, quadriplegic patient who doesn't have enough money to buy himself an eyetracker.
My software uses blinks of the eye to control a keyboard which is very similiar to the TWOnScreen keyboard. Those blinks of the eye are captured with a modified webcam. It still has some disadvantages (e. g. it needs to be initalized manually - at present, and it needs reinitialization when lights change much), but I think that we cannot wait until the perfect tool has arrived. I tend to think there is none, since even when eye trackers cost up to $20.000 (and more) there is no promise that they really work, as I see from other post about this theme. Companies tell you that they have to reinitialize when lights change, but consider a 10% "I want my money back" as normal :-)
If anyone wants my blink controlled software, they should write me.

Tom Weber.
Hello Tom,
Looking for commercial eyeblink-to-mouse-click app for webcam for some of our ALS patients. Closest I've found so far is reference to Neurotalk thread about your software. Is it still available and how can we get it to try?
--B.W. , Therapist in Canada.
BEEDUB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote