Thread: Useless or Not?
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 12:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Question Useless or Not?

For small fiber sensory, would it make any sense at all to make an appointment with the Cleveland Clinic's chronic pain medicine docs? As mentioned before, mine manifests as skin miseries.

This department offers a variety of modalities that are discussed with the patient at appointment time, then the evaluation is done and an opinion given as to whether or not they think the patient can be helped or not. And it's only a short ride from home.

We're supposed to go to England in mid-October. With all the adjustments I've had to make because of this thing, most especially the wearing of only lightweight skirts and tops of cotton, only certain sheets and pillows, not being able to go out when it's windy because it feels like slivers of glass hitting my face), am all but ready to bail out of the trip unless there's at least some significant improvement beforehand.

Cannot even imagine having to deal with those rough fabric airline seats, so would have to chug through the airports looking adorable with a bed pillow to sit on stuffed under my arm.

If the Clinic feels there is something to be done for this, I would not stop the supplements I recently started to take.

Would appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,

Sheltiemom
Sheltiemom18 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote