Thread: Questions
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 12:51 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

I answered in red.

1- For any of you, has this ever happened? Has your brain ever felt like it is being squeezed to the point of hurting? Not like a headache/migraine. But like it is shrinking. Or- like a sponge that is getting the water squished out of it?

Never had this sensation. I have MS and I've had other strange sensations like buzzing or numbness. Sometimes it feels like something is crawling on my head.

2- Sometimes I can't taste the food I'm eating.

Never had this sx.

3- My sense of smell is sometimes not working or completely gone.

Sometimes I smell things others can't. I believe this is due to a lesion in a certain part of my brain.

4- Appetite gone. Food makes me want to throw up.

I rarely have an appetite anymore but I believe it's due to a combo of the meds I take (LDN) and the vitamin supplements I take. Also a result of the drastic dietary changes I've made over the past year.

5- Heat makes the vertigo/fatigue severely worse. Just want to run into the airconditioned home. Heat is awful.

YES! Heat is my number 1 enemy. I become a hermit during the summer. Heat + humidity is a double whammy.

6- Morning is the best time of day. I thrive for any time before 10:00. After that time of day I'm just useless. Is that just me?

Sometimes. Immediately after I get up in the morning is when I have the hardest time walking. Once I move around a little it's much better.

7- I lost 4 pounds this week without dieting.

This is concerning. Especially if you haven't changed your eating habits. Now...if you have no appetite and aren't eating then it's expected that you'd lose weight. But that's not a healthy way to do it. Do you take a multi-vitamin?

8- Dazed/Fog Headed. Made toast yeasterday. Somehow I put the toast in toaster. Stood by toaster forgot what I was doing- dazed into the room- like I was in sort of a trance- realized it was 20 minutes later! Then realized- the toaster wasn't plugged in!!

Sometimes. Usually when I'm overtired or trying to do too many things at once. It's hard to multi-task anymore.

9- Problems swallowing. Stuttering. Slurred speach. Problems finding words to use when talking. Problems thinking. Problems doing simple math. Very embarrassing.

Those of us with MS find this sx to be the most irritating. It happens to me quite often.

10-Simply embarrassed to walk. Vertigo so bad at times afraid to drive.

I have to stand for a minute if I've been sitting for a long time or I stagger all over the place when I try to walk. Sometimes I take my cane even when I don't think I need it just so people won't think I'm drunk!
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dejibo (08-28-2010), Desinie (08-28-2010), SallyC (08-27-2010)