View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 01:27 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Re: trust confusion

I had four attorneys when I had money look at the trust. NOBODY agreed to all of its meaning. It was abigitious, very poorly written. Moms ideas was to protect me from the government coming after hers and dads assects that they put aside for me, knowing I was sick. They wanted me to be able to have a paid for home, with money for the taxes, so I could keep it with very little income. I cannot sell the house, big problem, I dont have the money to stay here. Uncle sam did not let me keep those funds for my ability to stay somewhere. They would give no help until I used all the funds that were mine by the conditions of the trust. The trust didn't want me to use any money for my medical conditions. I knew if I ran out of money I would not be able to take care of myself. Even my son tried to help me, taking out a loan on his home to help me keep monies I was suppose to distribute. I had no health insurance, never qualified, pre-existing conditions. I neededthe money to pay for the experts, they require money up front, and people with no health insurance are at the bottom of the totem pole. My son is not obligated to keep the conditions of the trust, I am, he should not be punished for helping me. By closing the account, I repay, and complete the terms and conditions placed there by my mother. She did not understand this trust, and what all its implications are. Sean my son, helped me to keep going for a short time so I could get all these agiencies to listen. It has been very difficult. Medicade actually asked me, what some of it meant. They don't even know. So I did the best I could, went to my church when I went broke, and started the proceedures to get additional help. Oh, I could not even close the account because of penilities at the time I was applying for my extra help. The account itself would not let me do this until the coming nov. So I have told all this and alot more to these agiencies. I have gotten all the help I could to do the right thing. It turned out to be a big mess, and maybe in the end, mom should have giving the money to my children to start with, not put me in a trust, that could affect my ability to get dissability. I should have not been executive on some trust when I was drowing in medical bills, and dissabilities. I hope I do not get in trouble. AT least I told them all I could based on what I knew. They are the expert to figure this out arnt they?
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote