Default Now my mood has changed.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nide44 View Post
A comprehensive list of all the tests for various neuropathies
can be found at www.lizajane.org.
You can use it as a checklist to see what you have
and have not been tested for.
I too, go to Hopkins- and at one time was referred to the pain clinic, by
a neuro who was taking my doc's patients when he was on surgical leave.
This neuro didn't have a clue (my neuro would've handled it differently)!
The pain clinic is run by the dept of anesthesiology.
They are 99% drug oriented and highly suspicious of everyone
as a habitual drug user and opiate addict.
They were not able to help me, and when my doc got back from sick leave,
we both worked out a better treatment for me.
After reading Bob's description of the pain clinic at JH, my blood is once again boiling. Being a health professional we were taught that the patient's pain IS what THEY say it is. People react differently to pain. I have had patients cry, laugh, talk a mile a minute, sleep and a whole host of other behaviors because they were in pain. Does it mean if you laugh, you can't be in pain? Shame on those folks at JH pain clinic for treating ANY patient in that manner. We also learned that people who are addicted to pain medication require higher doses of meds to treat their pain, you just don't tell them to suck it up and get on with their life. Dang it, that makes me mad. It is no wonder physicians are being sued for not treating pain appropriately and aggressively enough. You can bet if they are hurting, they will be treated, pulling out all of the stops, until their pain is under control. Sometimes I am embarassed to be associated with the medical profession. But here again, it goes back to being your own advocate. I tell them I want to discuss options, not just be "told" my options. They won't treat my family that way either. I will become their worst nightmare.......sorry for the rant!!
kpRN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EE03 (09-10-2010), Rrae (08-27-2010), Sheltiemom (09-08-2010)