Old 08-27-2010, 08:46 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Thumbs Up I agree!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpRN View Post
After reading Bob's description of the pain clinic at JH, my blood is once again boiling. Being a health professional we were taught that the patient's pain IS what THEY say it is. People react differently to pain. I have had patients cry, laugh, talk a mile a minute, sleep and a whole host of other behaviors because they were in pain. Does it mean if you laugh, you can't be in pain? Shame on those folks at JH pain clinic for treating ANY patient in that manner. We also learned that people who are addicted to pain medication require higher doses of meds to treat their pain, you just don't tell them to suck it up and get on with their life. Dang it, that makes me mad. It is no wonder physicians are being sued for not treating pain appropriately and aggressively enough. You can bet if they are hurting, they will be treated, pulling out all of the stops, until their pain is under control. Sometimes I am embarassed to be associated with the medical profession. But here again, it goes back to being your own advocate. I tell them I want to discuss options, not just be "told" my options. They won't treat my family that way either. I will become their worst nightmare.......sorry for the rant!!
Need not 'apologize' for the 'rant' I get very worked up about this issue also! And don't be 'embarrassed' by being associated with the medical profession! My hope is that MORE medical professionals such as yourself will be able to help get some changes made regarding what i truly believe to be 'discrimination'...
Sounds like Bob's pain clinic is the same as mine.....run by Anesthesiologist know-it-all 'Needle Jockies' who go against the VERY profession they are supposed to be HELPING!! Because they'd rather shove a 4-inch needle in a person's spine for the cost of half of Jay Leno's car collection as opposed to prescribing a PILL from an opiate plant that can be taken on an as-needed basis.....
I WAS TOLD I WOULD END UP IN REHAB IF I DIDN'T AGREE TO GET A $150,000
IMPLANT PUT IN MY SPINE TO CONTROL PAIN
GrrrrrrrRRRRR!

........... ...... my apologies to Jay Leno. I have nothing against your car collection dude.
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
kpRN (08-28-2010)