Thread: Lyrica
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007, 09:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBaby View Post
IHH,
I can't answer for Rosie, but I'll add my few "notes": I'm a flutist (flautist, if you want to be snooty), a pianist, play all of the recorders, and sing as a mezzo-soprano.

I've been really lucky - my RSD is in my leg, so I still get to play, although my musical theater career has gone out the window.

Seriously, though - I have at the least had the same sort of problem with walking. After 8 years of RSD, I can't tell you anything that will make you jump for joy, but I have learned that the absolute most important part of your treatment is keeping a positive attitude. Really - it's so important to focus on the things you are still able to do, and on each new stride you make. That sounds like a bunch of platitudes, I know. I'm sorry. Have you thought about trying to redirect your musical energies? Do you sing, for example? Have you thought about trying your hand at composition? Composition is great because it's a wonderful source of expression - I love it.

Nice to meet other musicians! And you are, even if you're not playing at the moment.

Hey! SO NICE to meet you and hear you're a musician...

Oh, neato! The recorders. Seems like no one plays them these days besides the 8 year olds learning them as a first instrument.

Well, I enjoyed music, but not as much as some people. I am very dissapointed I have lost my ability to play at this time, but I am more dissapointed that I am not able to write/ draw like I could before.

I stink at composing. My sister on the other hand... My sister is a big musician. She plays violin, piano, two of the recorders, organ, saxophone, flute... She LOVES it.

I do love to sing! I don't have an awful voice, but it is not the greatest. I still sing. That is something I can do without my RSD arms and legs. LOL.

Thanks for the ideas. I know, I have to think of more positive things, and what I have accomplished and improved in. Exactly! That is what my great physical therapist always says. I know that I must be a hard one to work with when I am not improving much, or rapidly like his other patients. But I am an RSD patient, not a surgery or sport's injury patient. He knows that and he stays positive, which helps me a LOT. A little goes a long way. He always says when I say "I can't"- "Yes, you can. You've got this. You're gonna beat this". I wish I stayed so positive, but then again, I am the one in pain, not him. It's harder for me! Yup, very important to stay positive. You have helped me, because I am not feeling all that positive.

Thanks again, you are a sweetie!

My RSD is in both feet/legs and both hands/arms/shoulders.

Pain-free hugs to you. Thank you for cheering me up.

Last edited by InHisHands; 02-14-2007 at 07:25 AM.
InHisHands is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote