View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 12:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervous View Post
S'mom, thanks for your thoughts and wishes. I've followed your recent posts and you seem brave and upbeat. I, unfortunately, am neither. Plus, like a lot of us, my disease is not the only thing I'm up against right now. In fact, I have about six major fires that I am trying to put out at the same time. This is difficult. My days grow shorter, thanks to the SFN.

I am not two days but more like two months out from my diagnosis. My diagnosing physician ran these "Immunology" tests:

IGG
IGA
IGM
CRP
RFQIGA
RFQ-IGG
RFQIG
X-CCP.

All were negative. Still, he said that my SFN was caused by an immune deficiency disorder. Go figure.

I subsequently asked my internist to run some tests for nutrient deficiencies (e.g., B-12, B1, B6, D3), but he failed to do this. Apparently, I am in the hands of incompetent, or simply non-responsive, doctors.

P.S. Does anybody know whether, if I switch to Kaiser HMO, they will cover pre-existing conditions like SFN? I'm running out of money.

I can not suggest strongly enough that you immediately find a "Lyme-Literate" physician who will order a "Western Blot" Lyme test from "Igenex Labs".

With regard to pain medications, have you tried using either "Cymblata" or "Lyrica" properly over time to see their effect and their side effects?
Apollo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote