View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 07:13 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default questions with ocular mg

My MG was diagnosed two years ago this month , it started with the double vision. Fortunately the double vision left, but I have on and off problems with the Ocular and some generalized MG>

The last month my eyelids are drooping terribly even in the early morning, I get alot of pain around my eyes also and it seems like it goes into my check and that side of my face even looks swollen , I imaging from the drooping. I start taking mestinon daily, but it really doesn't seem to help much., I work full time and yesterday I had to leave work early because the vision disturbances was making me nauseated and dizzy.

Is this normal with the ocular?

Something else I don't understande, I thought that the mestinon only worked while taking it and for 4 to 6 hours, but then I read that it can take 5 months for mestinon to work on the ocular portion., That confused me , can someone explain.

Are there any other helpful hints, I really do not want to take prednisone as I have high blood pressure and am a diabetic(which I have been controlling by diet only)

Any advice would be helpful.
whirlwind123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote