View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 10:31 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Please don't step down!

By Golly! I wanna nominate YOU for our next president!

Echoe's is pretty much on target and it IS a crying shame!
I don't know who to be more peeved at.....the DEA cracking down in such an 'over the top' manner OR the Doctors who won't, like you say -DICTATE it in the med records.
The subject of suicide was brought up when I expressed my concern regarding the fact that a person can only take so much chronic pain....and HE (needle jockey) SAID "oh yeah, just last year i lost one of my patients, she took her life" and the way it rolled off his cuff made me want to SLAP him! Because she either couldn't afford or insurance wouldn't approve his $$$$$ techniques (not sure of the details) she ended her life.

I'm FAR from being a genius, but I do know that the suicide rate would be substantially LOWER if pain were better controlled without the patient having to feel like a pathetic drug-seeking lowlife to GET the pain control.
I saw with my own eyes here in my town......a friend of mine found her brother dead out in a shed, took his life because he just couldn't take one more day of the pain he was racked with. He had no insurance.
He was only in his early 50's.

In a way, either way you look at it,.....the street recreational drug user/addicts WIN. The DEA has cracked down so strongly because of these people (and they're STILL gonna find their 'fix'!)........this leaves us going thru hades to get adequate pain treatment.
Good Lord can we re-wind a bit here and remember that the hardest core drug was a standard ingredient in cough syrups and meds for anxiety-ridden young mothers in the great depression......but by golly it was taboo to have alcohol?
Not to get all political here, but MAN. Now, sllllllowly, cannibus is finally becoming 'ok' in the eyes of Gov't. (sort of), but that still doensn't really address pain in general. Some folks aren't holding their breath on this as a great cure for pain.
DEA may think they are 'saving lives' by the way they've got Dr's scared of their crackdowns.....but look how many suicides are being carried out?
Lives are being lost regardless.
Ok, i'll give you back your soapbox.....

Last edited by Rrae; 08-28-2010 at 12:01 PM. Reason: rant typo
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote