View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 11:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Could it be an absorption problem?

Still trying to figure out why the sfn pain in my feet has gone from a level 4 to 8over the last few months. I have been going back over that time trying to figure out what may have changed. It is quite odd since I have been able to maintain the level 4 over the past 14 years, with occassional flareups, but nothing like what has happened these last few months.

I have been able to uncover a couple of things which I am wondering may have contributed to the extreme flare-up.

One, back in June, when I refilled my neurontin (which I have been taking 1800-2400 daily for the past 10 -12 years), the generic that Publix gave me was from a different manufacturer than I had been receiving all these years. I noticed the slightly different shape and the non-coating. In addition, once the increased feet pain occurred, I decided to try Lirica for about 5 weeks, which was no help. So I went back to the neurontin. Bottom line is that I have not had the same generic Neurontin which I had been taking for the last 10-12 years for at least the last 3 months. Could it be that I am not absorbing the new generic the same as the old one?

Second, back in June I had a bad bout of the flu or mabey even the swine flu, according to the ENT guy that I saw. It lasted 3 1/2 weeks and was miserable. Could that have something to do with what I am experiencing?

Thanks for any input. Tom
atltom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote