View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 12:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Very important thread

Fiona, 3,000 years ago, would have been one of the Oracles.
With this thread, she has caused many people to sit bolt-upright in surprise. We keep hearing stories that science ignores… stories of PWP dancing, hypnosis, diet change, exercise… if it helps for a minute can we make it help for an hour? If it helps for an hour can we make it help for a year? Fiona signals that she dares to believe more.

One of my shamans e-mailed me about this thread today (yes, today’s shamans are on the net) and the comment was, “It is not in hearing of a thing one time that you will understand it. You must hear of it many times.”

So, to listen again:
FIONA SAID;
Hi People -
SO.... I'm not quite ready to talk fully about what I'm doing yet. I want to be a little further along before giving full details. But I wanted to give you the sense of possibility coming. There is a new medical age in the process of dawning and it's going to change a lot of things. This is rad stuff. It involves understanding how stress, intergenerational trauma, systems of belief, placebo response, the meaning of each person's disease to themselves, questioning many of the base medical assumptions that we've been operating under (hello?? Lou Gehrig?), challenging pharmaceutical - well, slavery..

FIONA SAID;.. I am not ready to totally spill the beans for a while yet. But I care so much about all my dear friends here, and I just wanted to say hang on, hold on, keep the faith. Don't give up now because there are better days coming.

FIONA SAID; And everybody's different, and I don't want to disrespect anyone else's challenges nor the solutions that seem most right for them...we all know that about each other. The issues I raise here are enormously complex and emotional, I know.

FIONA SAID; But I wanted to give a shout out, and say that I really think much more is possible than we have grown accustomed to believe. And I really do think there is a whole new kind of medicine about to be birthed in which the mind-body connection - and all its applications to our existing treatments - will be investigated and validated like never before, and it will be like the discovery of germs or modern surgical technique -at least - in its scope and significance.

A lot of the reading I have been doing about the plasticity of the brain, PTSD, and other related brain issues have been seminal in preparing me to accept this approach. These authors have included Norman Doidge, Peter Levine, Lewis Mehl-Madrona, and others.

FIONA SAID; I will let you know more later, but as I said, I wanted to acknowledge what I think is on the cutting edge of a huge step in dealing with the body, the psyche, and the meanings of our lives, the construction of a truly humane medicine.

THANK YOU FIONA.
And first of all, take care of yourself. You don’t have to answer our questions. Do not let us distract or confuse you. You are on a spirit quest that is of lifetime importance to us and to millions. Go for it; follow that star. And then, now and / or later, often or just at times; entirely when it comes to you to do so, tell us more, and tell us again, because it is not in hearing of a thing one time that we will understand.
You are carrying our flag into new territory. Take care of yourself now, first and foremost, follow your bliss; and tell us around the campfire when you choose.
Godspeed, fair mariner; olive leaves in your hair, sailing to new lands; the ocean calm and clear as glass, the sun shining on the pure white sails, and all around, dolphins leaping joyously…
Bob Dawson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Fiona (08-28-2010)