View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 04:14 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default wild

Where did you come up with that, R123? Holding water, focus on arms; maybe like meditation, maybe like t'ai chi, maybe resembles hypnosis; there seem to be so many ways that PWP have managed to chase off the beast, even if just for a coffee break or 30 minutes and if we knew what the mechanisms are... who knows?
Rick holding the bowls of water - the closest thing I do to that is I suddenly and deliberately go from normal speed (in anything) to super-slow motion; 90 times slower, as slow as I can go; sometimes to barely perceptible movement. You can move any part of your body or every part. Super slo-mo, including your facial expression; whatever you want. I try it out for fun - dancing, walking, or just for its own sake; doing nothing for any reason except whatever it is do it to a slowness that you have never done before. It's mobile too, i can go slow anywhere, although the general public finds it a bit puzzling and may use you as a coat rack. Linda Rabin taught me this - the dance stars practise it because they know it helps,
And as for dance itself - I still swear by it too. There are people who cannot walk unassisted who can dance unassisted.
I have no scientific proof of anything, but of the $200 million a year spent on PD research in the USA alone, virtually none of the money goes towards researching these things that actually seem to work, although temporarily. It seems hard to get the scientists interested.
Why can Rick improve his life for 30 minutes by holding two containers of water for 10 minutes??? Whassup, doc?

Aw, I suppose they will say it releases some chemical in the brain but no different from being on / off; these are not the droids you are looking for, nothing to see here, move along.

And so we have no scientific proof because the scientists are not looking to blow the disease away, they are mostly looking for slight variations of what their professors - now doing the peer reviews - taught them: new agonists; pain killers, stimulants, pacifiers, sleep pills, wake up pills....
when some guy says he can ride his bicycle for hours on end you would think scientists would want to check that out massively; etc., many other such examples. They just don't have an action team to go zooming in to see why a few of us seem to succeed in scaring off the beast, for awhile. WHy not for longer?
ANdy Groves said once that it really made him angry - one study was thrown out because the scientists thought that on average most of the patients were not benefiting. But one patient improved by 80%. And they did not jump on him and try to find out why. His body or his mind possibly contained some information that could lead to a cure. But he was just one person, so why bother, they thought.
Andy Grove said that in high-tech, that 80% success would be the big thing they would investigate next. Why did one patient benefit immensely and others did not?
WHy does it benefit Rick to hold bowls of water?
There's something going on there, and you don't know what it is, do you, doc?
Bob Dawson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote