Old 08-28-2010, 07:11 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Exclamation wendy we think alike then

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy s View Post
Paula, you ask "who do you trust in this quest to get better? who are you relying on?" Makes me think....

It's not research scientists - they seem to focus on the big deals like stem cells that make great headlines but will never do most of us any good; even if they come up with a great discovery, it will likely involve surgery and how many of the hundreds of thousands of us will get that in time?

It's not drug companies, they have to make money and coming up with a new drug costs mega-bucks, they prefer diseases that affect a large percentage of the population like heart disease

It's not my neurologist, he usually doesn't have the answers to my complaints, other than to take more drugs.

I think the reason I always read this forum and a couple of others is because I think it will be someone who is intensely interested ie. has PD and has the time and ability to follow research, to think outside the box, put two and two and probably three and three and a lot more together and try things out. In other words, I'm not exactly relying on people like everyone here, but I'm more hopeful that something useful will turn up here than most other places.
Wendy,
you have summed it up accurately! Main thing is to keep a constant flow of science information , which is including mind/body as accepted and we should read what they are writing as we live it and talk about it

the sham surgery videos are really good - you can getfamiliar with who is running the pd show

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote