View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 08:27 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemar View Post
there is a lot of anecdotal evidence against the use of Splenda aka sucralose. Kids with neurological problems also seem to be triggered by it, and a lot of people also find it messes with their digestion. I had a very ick reaction when I first tried it, and my son had a major Tourette tic spike when he was using that propel water with it in

I dont know exactly how it is made but I believe there is substitution of chlorine in the sugar molecule...that in itself is enough to keep me away from it!

I think there was a very good reason that the FDA initially would not approve it. Then, 10 years after it first came out, they suddenly approved it............
hmmmmm wonder who had a vested interest to make that happen!
Isn't this interesting. Every time I tell someone that I stopped using Splenda, and my sugar went down, they don't believe me. They say "you don't eat anything normal, anyway". Of course I eat things normal, I just don't eat processed foods. I grow sprouts and I eat chicken and fish for protein, and maybe once in a while, some tofu (ONCE IN A GREAT WHILE). I do love it, but I'm careful.

I bought some Veggie Burgers today, made by Gardenburger.

Now I don't eat these things. Alan does not eat meat so once in a while I make him a veggie burger. He loves it, you can't tell the difference.

Well!!! I looked at the ingredients on the side of the package. going to count them right now. 32 ingredients. True, most were vegetables, but cmon, 32 INGREDIENTS in a veggie burger??

It has something called Guar gum which I see everywhere. And on the front of the package it says "made from all natural ingredients".

Guar gum is natural.

I think it's better if he had a regular hamburger. lol

But he won't.

I do have the occasional turkey burger and with the right seasonings, it tastes and smells great.

But I usually eat Raw and I just started introducing fresh fruit into my body.

You have NO idea what it's like, when you haven't eaten fruit in 22 years and you find out that diabetics are supposed to eat 3 fruits a day to keep their glucose levels stable.

Oh, about Splenda. I read that it's the bulking agent that sometimes makes the blood sugar go up and that bulking agent is in all of those little packets of anything.

So I went to GNC to buy Stevia and I picked up the box of 100 packets and sure enough it said Maltodextrin.

I then purchased a small bottle of liquid Stevia (just for my coffee in the a.m. and in my True lemon beverages.

Tastes Great. Has no bitter aftertaste.

My goodness, if doing all this allows me to go off of insulin, well I have achieved my goal.

Now to lose the rest of the weight. I'm not overweight (at least if one looks at me), but I don't go on the scale because I'd have a heart attack.

I probably will never weigh what I would like to weigh.

I don't think it's biologically possible at my age.

But one never knows.

Take care

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Chemar (08-30-2010), Kitty (08-28-2010)