Thread: Hypnosis
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 11:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Harley,

Yes, I agree with what Rick said, repeated familiarity will become reassuring.
If you are being tranced by someone, becoming familar with thier voice and style is a must.Also, something that I will get into later on is trust between the subject and the hypnotist.

Many people have this fear of hypnosis because it has been so mysterious over years. The first image a person gets in thier mind when the word "hypnosis" is mentioned is one of a creepy guy with a gotee and top hat swing a pocket watch back and forth saying you are getting sleepy.

Therefore, they put up thier defenses right away. That makes hypnosis very difficult. Also, the person that tried to hypnotize you before may have chose the wrong technique for you. Usually a simple relaxation induction is done. The hypnotist will check you to see where you are at in trance. If it is not working they should immediately switch to another technique. I would at that point switch to a confusion technique, Not to confuse you but to confuse your mind.

Think of it as a bank robber took people hostage. The police want to get the hostages out safely and as quick as possible. The police create a distraction at the front door that demands the robbers full attention while the SWAT unit sneaks in the back door.

There are many many reasons for your not being able to go into trance. How well did you know the person trancing you? Did you just meet that day? Did you trust this person? Did you feel safe? Were your meds working that day and time or were you headed for an off period? Keep in mind, you never lose control of your own thought process. You are in control every moment.

Normally, I do not trance a person at the first meeting unless I can read they are easily suggestible. I spend the time getting to know them and them getting to know me. Building trust and a rapport with them is most important. All the while I am making mental notes about them to be recorded and used later.

GregD
soccertese (08-29-2010)