View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 12:51 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Thank you for that Chemar.

I can well understand your son not wanting to persevere with this medication, as even low dose Methotrexate can cause nasty nausea, as well as a multitude of other side effects. Odd that it's used for the treatment of Crohn's, yet it can upset the bowel so badly that it actually causes gut diseases such as ulcerative colitis.

My niece is a very sensible young lady, and I know for sure that any major decisions she makes are always well informed decisions. That at least I'm grateful for. Others may not be so vigilant.

She's read everything she could get her hands on about SAPHO Syndrome, and has researched all the applicable drugs ... including those suggested by her Rheumatologist, but not yet tried.

It pains me so to see how much she's suffering. She's a young woman with a young family, and she's very special to me. Unfortunately joint pain is ruling her life.

Every major joint in her body hurts .... even the non-major ones hurt .... and their inflammation makes walking, standing, and even sitting, so very difficult for her. Now her spine has become affected... with a growing curvature (or scoliosis).

She's a tiny little thing..... not overly tall, maybe 5'4'' ish, maybe 5'5" ... and she's very slender. To look at you'd probably guess that she weighs 105, maybe 110 lbs, but her doctor says she needs to lose more weight to relieve the pressure on her joints. If she loses any more weight, I'd be concerned for her health because she'd just be a walking skeleton.

But.... my niece is at her wits end!

She's tried so many different medications, so many different diets, and so many different treatments .... but the terrible joint pain is wearing her down.

She has decided to think about taking Methotrexate .....

Hence my post reaching out for all the help that I can get for her.....

Koala77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote