View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 09:39 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for the support everyone!!

Abby-you are so right. . .you found the words to say exactly how I am feeling, thank you. . .

Kathy-I will find out the surgery date probably this week. I have been having a lot of side effects w/ IVIG and I did again this week and that is probably going to change the schedule again. I am down to 20mg pred and the surgeon said she could operate on 10 or less but I will probably push for 5 or less. . .so 4-6 wks??

Virginia-good luck with your surgery. . .and yes, the IV's! They had to stick me 9 times this week for 5 iv's and keep asking why I don't have a port. On pred, I think they just can't do that since you can't heal anything. . ..

Brandon-wow, being so young, I can understand why you are in a hurry to move on with your life and get the surgery done. This is going to be my 4th surgery.

Melanie-It is so great to hear that you are having a better time of it after surgery! That gives me hope : )

Annie-I am doing really great now and am stable enough for surgery. I have a really great team of experts on the case and I feel well taken care of for the first time in my life. Because my MG is so severe, the surgery really is a huge hope in my case to turn things around.

Kimp--sorry for your struggle. That is really awful you didn't know that you had MG. I was undiagnosed for 4 1/2 years and I couldn't walk and was in a wheelchair for 2 1/2 months at one point. I know how brutal this whole diagnosis situation can be and I hope your treatment and recovery go smoothly.

debra
art chick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote