View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 11:47 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Pain coverage experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rrae View Post
I'm starting this thread out of curiosity and I know it will help newcomers get some idea on what they might expect from their implant.

I see folks coming out of the woodwork who have these units and it would be great if you would just post your testimony on how much pain does your Implant cover??
I know several here are very new to receiving their implants so it may be too soon to tell.
But if you've had yours for any lenghth of time PLEASE chime in!

For example: I've had my lumbar SCS for about 5 months. After weaning off most of the heavy pain meds, I'm seeing that I'm getting about 70-75% of pain coverage of what used to be level 8 pain. Not bad.
I still need to take breakthru meds, but I have been able to regain my life to a large degree.

Even if you are unhappy with your unit, please share that as well. People who do a search on the internet find this forum and they need to hear the realistic expectations.

Much Apprciated!
Rae
Hi everyone, I have had my stim since August 2008 and originally the stim covered my pain in my lower back and my right leg. When it was implanted my pain coverage was 95 percent in my lower back and right leg. I was off all my prescription pain meds as soon as it healed. I was walking normally and even exercising lightly but about January I then started developing problems in my left leg so when I had my revision done in 09 she added another lead which covered both legs and my back. I had to have the revision because both leads had moved in opposite directions (she still has no idea why that happened). She also buried my battery further back in my lower back because it was very sore and sticking out under the skin. After my revision my stim covered about 90-95 percent my pain and handled the pain in my back and both legs and I was walking normally. I fell back in September after losing feeling in my leg while I was at another hospital (getting my heart scan done) and since then I have about 80 percent pain coverage in my left leg but only about 10-20 percent pain relief in my back and right leg. When my stim was working I was no longer on any pain meds just neurontin because the stim really helped me so much I was barely in pain anymore, it was truly a godsend for me! Now, I am waiting to get it fixed because it has been getting more messed up since my fall last september. Hope that helps! Tara
tchr012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon21816 (08-29-2010), Mark56 (08-29-2010), Rrae (08-29-2010)